Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bummer. Ben Drops Out.

The good news is that it's going to be roomier inside my tent. The bad news is that I'm not going to have Ben with me on this ride.

Ben goes to college at Macalaster, in St. Paul, Minnesota, where there has been snow on the ground until last week. Last week, he had finals. And a sinus infection. So with zero riding preparation and still not feeling well, Ben, surprisingly, was not all that enthused about undertaking this trip. Even the prospect of camping with Dad didn't change his mind (ok, I admit that's not exactly a strong inducement)!

As Bob, my riding buddy from cross country, succinctly put it upon being informed of the news: "There's a lot of wisdom in Ben's decision." Hard to argue with that.

Ben, you'll definitely be missed, but Bob (and you) got it right. Feel better soon. But I'm still expecting you to guest author a blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment